top of page

Careers in Biology

Public·9 friends

Hello, my name is Sadana, and I’m a 17-year-old based in Bangalore. Growing up surrounded by a family of doctors, I was naturally intrigued by medicine. Every summer, when I visited my grandparents’ town, I’d sit with my grandmother in her clinic as she evaluated patients- I observed, learnt and was eager for more. When I was 12, my grandmother was diagnosed with breast cancer. Our whole family was distressed about her condition, especially me. For a few months, she came to live with us to get treated in a hospital in the city. On the weekends, I’d accompany her to her chemotherapy sessions. Seeing how the doctors and healthcare staff helped my grandmother and the many other patients there interested me.

I was so fascinated and focused on what needed to be done to save her that I went on the internet and conducted my own research on the condition. I wanted to know more about cancer and its potential complications. My love for biology fueled this further and this focus developed into a passion, I started reading about many other conditions. The doctors who saved my grandmother inspired me and spurred my fascination for medicine. I am committed to using my skills and work to help other people. I have participated in various endeavours to understand more about this profession and although I understand medicine requires hard work and sacrifice, it has just made me more passionate towards medicine. To achieve this long-standing dream, I aim to pursue MBBS at a university in the UK.

Mariesa Noronha

About

Hi! This group is for you to share your story, ask question...
bottom of page